Sunday, January 1, 2012

Don't go changing, why not?


As a new year begins, we all look back and reflect on the year that has passed.  What we need to do is use it as a learning experience to move forward into the future.  We can't stand still, change is what makes the world move . An old native American saying is that you can never step in the same river twice, it is always in perpetual motion. Constantly changing.

Sorry, Billy Joel.

Don't go changing, to try and please me,
You never let me down before,

Without change, where would we be?  The phone would never have been invented, nor the cell phone.  The technology with which I am writing this would still be a cave drawing.

Don't go trying, some new fashion,
Don't change the colour of your hair

Go for it, try a new fashion.  It may not work for you, but you won't know til you try.  Hair grows back, constantly changing, so take a chance, change the color, what do you have to lose.

I don't want clever, conversation,
I never want to work that hard,
I just want someone, that I can talk to,
I want you just the way you are.

Be yourself and you will evolve into the person you want to be.  Who you are comes from deep within you.  When my daughter was little and skating, people would say that she looked so happy, and she would say, I forgot to smile.  I always told her that a smile starts deep down in your belly and works its way out, the position of your teeth doesn't matter.  (believe it or not this advice came from dad the dentist)



To paraphrase:

Don't stop changing, try and please yourself

You'll never let you down



Just Sayin'...Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment