Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hiatus Over

For those of you that actually missed my Blog, here I am again.  For the rest of you, I'm back anyway.

Life  was getting in the way of living.  Too many obligations and responsibilities this summer interrupted my available time to sit down and type.  I think I'm getting back on track.


My goal to blog while I was at Comic Con with my son, never occurred.  i sent some tweets and the occasional Facebook update, but no real blogging.  For those of you unfamiliar with Comic Con, it is an extraordinary event with over 125,000 people mulling about the San Diego Convention Center.  Not just comic books, but TV, movies, media, books, Science fiction, fantasy, a tribute to the creative arts and popular culture.

If there is one thing that one takes away from this experience is patience.  Waiting in line at Disney is simply practice for the immense lines at this event.  Not just the thousands of people in them but the length of time they take.  It is a great place to meet people with similar interests, not unlike going to a convention based upon your profession, such as a Dental Conference (for me that is), but really do we all want to wait?  Apparently people don't mind if it is for things they 'want'.

One of my pet peeves is waiting, I am an on time person, I hate to wait.  I don't like to wait and I don't make my patients wait.  Unless there is an emergency appointment in my schedule, I will be on time.  We are in control, there is no saying, It was beyond my control.  We,re the ones who schedule the appointments, we have the control to keep things moving.

My thoughts for next year's Comic Con are a new pair of sneakers (running shoes for the younger crowd), and perhaps a collapsible folding chair to occasionally sit on rather than the concrete ground.

Just Sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment