Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thx

I understand from some that there was an error when this blog was first posted, and that many of the letters were jumbled, Dr Holden and I actually watched them change on the screen.  It was like a scene out of Harry Potter, watching the letters change.  So here it is again with modifications:

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for the support and encouragement as I write this blog.  It is becoming a lot easier and a bit more fun than when I started.

How often do we say thank you?

Is it only when we receive a gift?
Is it only when customers leave a store, "thank you for shopping at ..."?

I think we don't do it often enough.

The other night we had a late patient with a broken tooth.  Without thinking I offered to do the crown for her right away (willing to be late for my pottery class), and before I could even ask, my assistant said, "I can stay."

I immediately said thank you.  After the procedure was done and we were getting ready to leave I said thank you again.  I'm pretty sure that one of my assistants heard me but I am unsure if the other one who willingly stayed also heard me.   The thank you is to both of them.

If I don't say thank you enough, I'm sorry.  Part of being a team is saying please and thank you.  It also includes occasionally not saying these things and knowing they are implied and that your actions are appreciated.

Plus we need to say thank you to our servicemen and women who serve and protect our freedoms, which allow us the luxury of saying  THANK YOU.
So to everyone out there we need to say the following things:

Gracias, Merci, Danke, Todah, Dziekuje, M Goi, Spasibo, Thanks,...

Just Sayin'

or as this new generation of texters would put it, thx or tx

No comments:

Post a Comment