Thursday, June 16, 2011

Winning Smile

Last night the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1972.  Simply amazing!

I remember as a kid growing up on Long Island going to hockey games with my dad. The team was a new young team that grew out of the farm league, Long Island Ducks.  They eventually became the Islanders.

When I was in College in Boston, I remember going into the Old Boston Garden and seeing the Celtics' and Bruins' banners hanging from the rafters.  There was great sense of sports history.

The City of Boston and ALL of New England has a huge Smile on its collective faces, after a seven game series.

And Let's not forget the Smiles in Dallas, after the Mavericks beat the 'dream team' of the Miami Heat.

We all have reasons to Celebrate and SMILE.

Tomorrow my daughter graduates High School, trust me we will be smiling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment