Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not so Social media?

As I begin my foray deeper into the social media world, I have to wonder how social is it?  As I registered an additional 17 domain names so that no one else would 'steal' them from me like they did our very first web address, I realized I did this while sitting at my computer all alone.

My family was downstairs watching TV, and eating cupcakes, and my wife brought me a cupcake with the warning not to make any crumbs.  I ate it in silence as I typed. But I ate alone, in a house full of people.

While I may have made contact with numerous people around the globe, did i just miss the ones nearest by?  Don't get me wrong we almost always have dinner togeter and talk but it seemed odd that this 'social' event can be so anti social, also.

Kids today use their thumbs more than their tongues to communicate.

Social media has allowed me to wish an old friend a happy birthday yesterday, very easily and at my convenience.  It also allowed me to engage in a interesting discussion on what we do at a new patient exam, with dentists from across the country.

Ah, the yin and yang of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment