Friday, May 20, 2011

Would you let me be your Make-up Artist?

While I have a minor in Fine Arts, and a Degree in Biology, prior to becoming a dentist, would you let me do your make up? (I asked the women in my office, no takers, a few snickers and giggles though)

I have an esthetic eye, and I can identify vita tooth shades rather quickly but would you let me apply your foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow?

I can't sell cosmetics without a license, what would allow a cosmetic store to be able to sell tooth whitening products?  If you read the attached information with their whitening product, everything states that if something goes wrong or there are probelms, contact your dentist.  Should we just start with the dentist and do it correct and safe the first time.

I am very confused.  I think my years of education and clinical practice should outweigh some cosmetic salesperson, when it comes to things to put into one's mouth to alter what nature has given them.

Just Sayin'.

If you are curious about what I am ranting about you can click on the link below.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P281835&om_mmc=ret-n1-201105018innovations---b-h6pban2b---om-us-glosystem-he-h-&emtc=201105018innovations---b-h6pban2b---om-us&ematg=1628951622&dicid=458354:19279718216:32483654

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were expanding the practice when I saw that title. A little Botox with your filling? You could become an Avon salesperson. Or, wait, you could charge the Avon lady to give out catalogs to each patient. How about a newsletter in the bag also? I'll put together and print an ad rag if you'll distribute it. Something with coupons from local businesses that would be valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley,

    Botox does fall within my scope of practice, i guess i'm just too afraid to administer it. I like thew ad rag idea, we can talk about it ans see where it flies.

    ReplyDelete