Thursday, May 26, 2011

Password

Is it my impending birthday, or is it the fact that today's world requires a bazillion user names, passwords, user id, random access code provider.  there are days that I feel like I can't remember anything.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I remember almost everything.  I have always prided myself on the ability to multitask and remember conversations, people, events, dates, and the ever changing dental materials and procedures.

But recently I've had to start keeping a notebook with passwords, user id, and which email address  it is associated with.  Recently while trying to log into the bank as I usually do in the morning, after entering my user id, and then password , and then randomly generated access code from my special bank token, I was informed that it was now time to change my password, AGAIN.

It needed to be eight characters:  letters and numbers, upper and lowercase, and include one special symbol, and i had to input it before I could continue.  Online timer gave me 2 minutes before I would be logged out.  Oh, the pressure, no time to plan and think of something clever or that I might remember.  Hence, I now have to WRITE it down in order to remember it.

Technology was supposed to make life easier, when did it become more complex?

Just Sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment